Merino Wool is a great natural fiber. Originally bred in Spain, Merino Sheep have the finest and softest wool of any sheep. Because of it's extremely fine fiber, Merino wool has several great characteristics.
- Merino wool is excellent at regulating body temperature, especially when worn against the skin. It keeps you warm when it’s cold and cool when it’s hot. It is a GREAT all-year choice.
- It is naturally wicking so it has great moisture control characteristics. Also, it is very breathable.
- Merino wool can absorb up to 30% of its own weight in moisture and still feel dry to the touch. Because of it’s exceptional wicking characteristic, Merino wool is anti-bacterial because it keeps moisture away from your skin so bacteria can’t form because of the lack of moisture.
- Is it itchy? NOPE! Because Merino wool fibers are so much smaller in diameter, it is much more flexible. As a result, it does not feel itchy like traditional wool.
- Because it is flexible and soft, Merino wool provides great cushioning for hiking.
- Also, because of its greater flexibility, Merino wool causes socks to conform better to the shape of your foot which makes these socks much more comfortable.
Merino wool is a natural, renewable and healthy fiber to be used in socks. It is comfortable, keeps you dry and controls temperature better than most any other fiber. It is a perfect choice for outdoor performance socks.